Download/Print the Analysis Request Sheet
Complete the proper Analysis Request Sheet (listed below) to tell us what types of analyses you would like, as well as reporting and billing information (the ‘Job#’ at the upper right corner of the form is assigned by the lab).
- Soil Analysis Request Sheet 2021-22 (xlsx)
- Water Analysis Request Sheet 2021-22 (xlsx)
- Plant Analysis Request Sheet 2021-22 (xlsx
- Compost Analysis Request Sheet 2021-22 (xlsx)
- Special Materials Request Sheet 2021-22 (xlsx)
- Diagnostic Plant Sheet – For U of M Extension staff only (*.xlsx)
- Basal Stalk Nitrate Request Sheet 2021-22 (PDF)
- Liming Materials Request Sheet 2021-22 (PDF)
Please be sure that you provide enough sample material for the analyses you require, and that the sample containers are clearly labeled. Sample identifiers MUST be unique within each group. If you require long or complicated IDs on your report for clarity, please provide us with an electronic list of the samples (emailed to [email protected]). The preferred format is an Excel (*.xlsx) file.
If you would like to receive your analytical data in a format other than an electronic (emailed) report, please be sure to indicate your preference on the Analysis Request Sheet.
Enclose the information sheet and submit samples:
- Due to COVID-19 regulations, we are not accepting in-person deliveries. (Please use the drop box outside the north door of our building, or Contact Us ahead of time to arrange sample transfer.)
- Mail samples to: University of Minnesota Research Analytical Laboratory, Room 135 Crops Research Building, 1902 Dudley Ave., St Paul, MN 55108-6089
** NEW: Frozen Soil Statement **
Processing of frozen soil is prohibitively time consuming and expensive. Please make every effort to submit your soil samples in a “field moist” or air-dried condition. (Refrigeration is recommended for temporary storage of “field moist” samples.) Working with frozen samples simply takes too long for us to deliver results in the timely fashion you have come to expect. If you must submit frozen soil samples, please limit the number to five or less. Beyond that, we will be adding a significant charge for processing, effective immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.