All "Lawn & Garden" and "Farm & Field" reports should take approximately 3 weeks.
Our renovation is currently underway! Almost all of our lab services are still operational during this time, but with slightly longer turnaround times. If you have a question about our services please don't hesitate to call 612-625-3101 or email email@example.com (routine soil testing) or firstname.lastname@example.org (research tests).
- The building was built in 1961, and was originally named the Plant Science Building.
- By 1970, the original ~2600 square feet was not large enough to accommodate the Soil Testing and (separate) Research Analytical operations.
- In early 1971, more space was allocated for Bob Munter's Soil Testing Lab, adding another ~1200 square feet.
- By the end of 1977, the combined lab space was increased to ~4300 square feet.
- In the early to mid-1980's the labs were combined into STRAL, under Munter's watch, to eliminate duplication of services and effort, and streamline the entire operation. Munter re-imagined some of the space, obtained used casework from the medical school, and laid out the footprint and operational structure of the lab(s), which was largely intact and untouched until now.
Tests that are TEMPORARILY down include:
-Liming material analyses
-Textural analysis (% sand, silt, and clay)
-Cation exchange capacity (both methods)
-There is a delay on the dry ash multielement analysis until the new furnace is installed. Check in with us on updates as needed.